Bloomsburg University Pet-Friendly Student Housing
Are you a Bloomsburg University student who is a pet owner, or is considering taking a cat or dog with you to school? Not many student housing options permit pets, so you’ll want to be sure to choose a pet-friendly provider like A+ Student Housing. We offer student apartments that allow pets because we understand all the benefits that pet ownership can provide for students:
- Companionship: A pet is a non-judgmental companion that is great to come home to after a long day of classes. While some college friends may come and go, your cat or dog will always be there for you when you need them. You’ll also be happy to have your pet around during those times when you’re feeling lonely or homesick.
- Stress relief: When you’re worried about an upcoming exam or whether you’ll get that project or paper completed on time, your pet can help put your mind at ease. Holding your pet or stroking its fur can have a calming effect that can alleviate some of the anxiety you’re feeling.
- Exercise/activity: If you have a dog — or a remarkably well-trained cat — taking it outside for walks will enable you (and your pet) to get some much-needed exercise during the hectic school year.
- Social: Having a pet can be an excellent conversation starter or talking point when you’re trying to make new friends at school.
Pet-Friendly Student Housing With an A+ Student Housing Agreement
A+ Student Housing has created a pet addendum to our student housing contract to protect the rights of all parties. Highlights of the agreement include:
- Tenants must maintain complete control of the animal when taking it outside the apartment or in a surrounding yard, including using a leash or pet carrier.
- Tenants bear the financial responsibility for any damage to the exterior or interior of the apartment the pet may cause. The tenant will incur any costs required to restore the unit to its original condition.
- Tenants agree to take appropriate care of the pet, including providing adequate food, water and veterinary care. Tenants must also control the behavior of the animal.
- In the event of an emergency involving the animal, A+ Student Housing retains the right to contact the local animal control authority to assist in entering the apartment if we are unable to reach the tenant.
- Tenants agree to hold A+ Student Housing harmless regarding incidents involving third-party liability claims resulting in property damage or injuries the pet may cause.
- Tenants must shampoo the rugs or pay to have them professionally cleaned upon moving out of the apartment.
Please review our Bloomsburg student housing pets-allowed addendum for more details and the costs associated with having a pet in the apartment.
Contact Us for More Information
At A+ Student Housing, we want to make sure you have the best experience with pet-friendly student housing. Feel free to call or text us at 570-784-3151 or fill out and submit our online contact form to learn more about our pet policy.